I love Bohemian style for spaces indoor and out. Rattan, fabrics and textiles from around the globe, tropical plants, baskets, handmade ceramics and a general carefree feeling. I'll take it all. Mix these items with modern or mid-century pieces and you've got the look.
For this edition of LOVE IT, I have collected Bohemian pieces and tied in a hint of blue to make it feel even more relaxed, but this style can be complimented with almost any colour palette. Hints of pink and green for a tropical vibe? Or, black and white neutrals for a minimal Bohemian look. It's whatever your thing is. Little hints of gold (of course) can be seen throughout and are versatile. Check out LOVE IT Moroccan Inspired Decor, for a similar global look, but with a different palette.
Here are a few of my favourite ways to go Boho at home:
- Gold Palms Art Print (11x14) by Swell Made Co. Add a tropical vibe to your space all year-round with this gold foil art print.
- Greta Belly Basket in white by Rove Concepts. Store your stuff, or give plants a home with this handmade belly basket. Colour blocked in white. Other colours available including mint. Swoon.
- Jassa Basket from IKEA. In March, IKEA launched the JASSA collection which is full of wonderful rattan pieces for the home or patio. This collection is available for a limited-time only.
- Palm Leaf Keytag by Swell Made Co. This little keytag shows a love for plants and all things tropical.
- Blue Spatter Bowl by Settle Ceramics. Found at Leif. A hand thrown ceramic bowl with blue spatters are a casual way to make a statement on the table.
- African Indigo Throw Pillow from Rug & Weave. Vintage indigo fabric from Burkina Faso combined with natural mudcloth, this pillow will elevate and complete any Bohemian space. Rug & Weave has an outstanding collection of pilows, rugs and textiles from around the world.
- Mastholem Chair by IKEA. Available all year round. This arm chair is another way to turn up the heat indoors. Mix with eclectic and/or minimal fabrics and textiles for a casual Boho look.
I hope you love these pieces as much as I do. Want more inspiration? Follow Swell Made Co. on Pinterest to see more. Here are a few of my favourites (click the images to see sources).