October 11 is International Day of the Girl. To celebrate, this edition of LOVE IT is all about my favourite everyday things to empower girls and women. Empowerment goes way beyond things (read this post to the bottom). That's not lost on me, but it doesn't mean girls don't want to have fun (and fundmental rights)!
- Pouches by Swell Made Co. For pencils, devices, or make up. Made in Canada and ready for anything.
- Beats Solo Wireless Headphones. Every girl needs a good pair of headphones to listen to music, podcasts or audio books. These wireless headphones are the key to listening while you work it.
- GRL PWR Card by Swell Made Co. Let another girl know that you support her or she inspires you. Or, both. Writing a handwritten note is always a good idea. Words are powerful and encouraging.
- Hustle Heart Keytag by Swell Made Co. For those who hustle with heart.
- Books to Empower Girls. Build a library that empowers and inspires. Learn, learn, learn. A girl can NEVER ever have too many books.
- JUST BE Meditation Bracelet by Breathing Inspiration. Just be with this minimalist meditation bracelet that brings good vibes and strength.
- GRL PWR Triangle Keytag by Swell Made Co. A little triangle keytag that says it all.
- Queen Art Print by Swell Made Co. Queen by her own definition, this art print is perfect for her home or work space.
- GIRL GANG Tee by FRANC. Support your local girl gang with this black tee that's perfect with jeans or a flowy skirt. Made in Canada by FRANC.
Swell Made Co. is also celebrating by working with Plan International to support their Because I am a Girl project to help girls access basic human rights that will protect them and give them the ability to transform their lives – and the lives of everyone around them. Every purchase you make from Swell Made Co. will have an impact that empower girls around the world. Not just today, but everyday. Thank you!
With a daughter and son of my own, this cause is near to my heart. Raising a girl and boy who value and stand up for equality and diversity will be one of my greatest contributions to more fair and just world. And with the current state of affairs, we still have a LOT of work to do.
"I've always believed that when you educate a girl, you empower a nation." - Queen Rania
Thank you for your continued support of Swell Made Co. and the Because I am a Girl project.