Gift It | Mother's Day Brunch
Gift It - The Brunch Gift Guide by Swell Made Co.
Mother's Day is May 8, 2016! In honour of all the Moms out there this edition of GIFT IT pays tribute to the glorious (and my favourite) meal of brunch. Because, on Mother's Day all I want is to sleep in and eat brunch. That's it! I'm sure a lot of you ladies are with me. Whether you're dining in or out, here is some brunch time inspiration you can use anytime of year, but this lineup definitely gives a nod to Spring.
- Turkish tea/hand towels. They feel, look and function perfectly. A simple accent for any home.
- Brunch side-plates by Fishs Eddy for West Elm. These witty and gilded side-plates are perfect for brunch. My personal favourite is "Brunch is for Winners".
- Stemless, gold rimmed champagne flutes by West Elm are perfect for those morning mimosas. Arrange some fruit juices and Champagne (or Prosecco) and you have a create your own mimosa bar! Top with fruit.
- You thought wreaths were just for holidays? Nope! Have one for your next brunch. Club Botanic (based in San Francisco) creates beautiful and seasonal Adina wreaths all year round. In fact, you can have them delivered seasonally across the United States, and hang them indoor or out. If you're in the Bay area, you can also receive flower subscriptions. The designs are all inspired by influential women from floral designer and owner, Billy Jim Crawford's, life.
- Top off those mimosas with these sweet wooden calligraphic stir sticks by Laura Hooper Calligraphy. Cheers!
- The sweet floral smells of Woodlot's Flora candle are a perfect gift and way to set an ambiance for your brunch. You can grab these at Skin to Skin Goods - An online collection of natural and Canadian body goods launching online, April 16.
- Light your candle using this sweet matchbox by The Social Type. Smile!
- WOW MOM card by Swell Made Co. Because Mom has certianly wowed you over the years.
- Every mother is a Queen, so let her know with this Queen art print (8 x 10) by Swell Made Co.
Happy brunching and Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women out there. I hope you have a few moments to yourself on May 8 to reflect on how important you are. You deserve it!
If you're brunching in, may I suggest:
Here are a few recipes for brunch you can use anytime. Click on the images to find the recipes. Cantaloupe and Mozzarella Caprese Salad by Foodie Crush, and Cinnamon and Pecan French Toast by Crumb de la Crumb via Brit + Co. Mimosa Bar by Design Love Fest. Peach and Avocado Toast by Back to Her Roots. Do you have a favourite brunch recipe? Do tell!